Maranatha’s Equipping Classes are held immediately following the worship service from 11:15-12:00. We have something for all ages. Details on what is offered for each age are listed below. Nursery is provided for infants and toddlers.
Children- 2-4 Yrs old, K-2nd, 3rd-5th. See Kurt Bekins for more information.
Jr High- Upper Level 1: Eschatology (study of God’s plan in the end times), then Systematic Theology 1. See Nate Langel for more information.
Sr High- Joshua: Believing the Promise, Taking the Land. See Steve Banks for more information.
- Kickoff Sunday, September 8: No adult equipping classes (information meeting and potluck)
- Session 1, September 15-October 20:
- Doctrine of Angels- Just a casual observation of our contemporary society reveals a significant fascination with the spiritual realm including angels and demons. Though Scripture is not silent on these issues, they often remain a mystery to us. As a result, many are curious and confused about what angels do, how Satan fell, the involvement of demons in the world today, and the degree to which Christians should engage this spiritual realm. If you’ve ever wondered about these things, join us for this class which will take a closer look at what the Bible teaches about these celestial beings and God’s sovereign purpose in creating them. Taught by Chris Brown in LL2.
- How to Handle Worry, Fear, and Anxiety Biblically- Reacting to life’s circumstances with worry, anxiety, and fear are all normal responses to being human and living in a fallen world. But often these responses are sinful and can even be debilitating and life-dominating in their effect. As such, we need to know how to overcome these fearful responses and keep our eyes fixed on the Lord. Have you ever struggled with these responses? Are there issues in your life right now that you are worried or anxious about? Join us to probe the biblical teaching on these issues and the keys to overcoming them. This class will be taught by Jeff England in LL3.
- Oct 27: No adult equipping classes
- Session 2, November 3-December 8:
- The Doctrines of Grace – Dale Kleinheksel. This class will look at what is commonly known as “Calvinism” or “TULIP” from the gospel of John and focus on how the specific points are biblically and theologically sound. The end result of studying these doctrines will be a deeper appreciation for our salvation and a greater reason to worship our gracious God.
- The Gospel and Racial Implications – Dillon Carr. Ephesians 2:11-22 provides a clear call regarding the unity among all believers. Unity is the hallmark of the Church age where by God, through Christ, reconciles believers to Himself and to each other. In spite of this unambiguous message, racial and ethnic identities persist as barriers to unity in the modern church. The deconstruction of the barriers will come through the central power of the Gospel.
- December 15: No adult equipping classes
- December 22, 29: No adult and children equipping classes
- January 5: Information meeting and potluck
- Session 3, January 12-February 16:
- The Treasure Principle – Kurt Bekins
- Febuary 23: No adult equipping classes
- Session 4, March 2-April 6: TBA
- April 13: Palm Sunday, no adult equipping classes
- April 20: Easter, no adult and children equipping classes
- Session 5, April 27-June 1: TBA
- June 8: Baptism service and outdoor picnic, no adult and children equipping classes
- June 15-September 7: No adult equipping classes till fall