Small groups at Maranatha Bible Church are the primary way of making the church small. There are several groups that meet at various times throughout the week and locations throughout the greater Grand Rapids area.
For the 2012-2013 small group season we will be studying various books of the Bible using inductive Bible study methods. As always the small groups will be dedicated to:
- Fellowship: deep friendship that results as we are devoted to one another in brotherly love.
- Discipleship: Helping one another in becoming more like Christ. This includes Bible study, praying for one another, and providing support and accountability.
- Ownership: Taking personal responsibility for the discipleship and care of the others in your fellowship group.
- Outreach: Supporting and encouraging one another in our outreach to those who have not yet put faith in Jesus Christ and to Christians who do not have the support they need to be growing believers.
Below is the current list of small groups available. Contact the church office for more information or to make an arrangement to visit or attend one of these groups. The latest small group study materials are available on the Small Groups Resources page.
Small Groups 2012-20132
Leaders, Days, Times, Place
- Dale Kleinheksel – Sunday – 6:00pm – Various Homes
- Kurt Bekins – Thursday– 7:00pm – Old Office/NYC at 149 Lamoreaux Dr. NE – This is a college and 20′s small group
- Noel Nixon – Tuesday – 7:00pm – Carpenter’s home – First Tuesday of each month off
- Phil Schaafsma – Sunday – 6:00pm – Schaafsma’s home
- Jamie Francis/Steve Banks – Monday – 6:30pm – Various homes. Second Monday of each month off
- Chris Brown – Sunday – 6:00pm – Various homes
- Tim Hill – Thursday – 6:30pm – Hill/Dykstra home alternating monthly. This group is for young married or soon to be married couples.
- Various leaders – Sunday – 6:00pm – Dave Schaafsma’s home