Awana is MBC’s Wednesday night ministry to kids from Kindergarten through 6th grade. Each week from Labor Day through March, kids from Maranatha and the surrounding community come to our church to memorize Bible verses, play games, and learn about our Savior, using the curriculum from Awana Clubs International.
MBC’s Awana program desires to accomplish the following:
- Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to students with clarity and urgency and encourage students to do the same.
- Clearly establish God’s Word as the ultimate guide and standard for life and truth.
- Cultivate in our students a love for God, His Word, and the Gospel.
- Foster discipling relationships between leaders and students and between leaders and other leaders.
If you would like to get involved with the Awana program at MBC, there are a number of ways you can do so:
- If you have a child from Kindergarten through 6th grade, we invite them to join us Wednesdays from 7:00PM-8:30PM from Labor Day through May at the church.
- If you have a student who is in 7th grade or above, we would love for them to be involved as a junior leader. We love to disciple and equip younger leaders to become faithful servants of Christ through children’s ministry, so they will get as much out of serving as they give to the kids they work with!
- We also invite adults who are followers of Christ to be senior leaders and get involved in our culture of discipleship.
- If you are unable to participate in Awana directly (and even if you are!) we would covet your prayers. Please pray that we are able to effectively accomplish our goals and that all children and youth in our community and throughout the world would come to know, love, and serve the Lord Jesus Christ.
If you have any questions about Awana or would like to get involved as a leader, please don’t hesitate to contact us! You can contact the ministry directors at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call the church office at (616) 784-5905.