Children’s Ministries at Maranatha Bible Church is committed to evangelizing the children of our church, assisting each one of our parents, and training up teachers and servants of Christ. Our goal is to support families in spreading the Gospel among our children, help establish a firm foundation in their faith and confidence in God, and strengthen the church.
Parental Assistance – We are committed to helping parents faithfully train their children in a way that honors the Lord (Ephesians 6:4; Deuteronomy 6:6-9).
Biblical Teaching – We are committed to teaching the Bible, the authoritative Word of God, in a way that presents the whole counsel of God and presents the imminent need of all people for a Savior (Acts 20:27; Romans 3:23; 5:8).
Ministry Opportunity – We provide ministry opportunities to adults so they can exercise their spiritual gifts. As they guide younger generations, leaders learn valuable ministry skills and encourage one another to bring honor and glory to Christ (1 Peter 4:10-11).
Deuteronomy 6:6-7: These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
We Strive to Equip Parents to:
- Raise their children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Eph 6:4; Col 3:21).
- Evangelize and disciple their children as the primary spiritual leaders.
- Be supported by the various gifts the members of the body of Christ can offer (Eph 4:11-16; Col 1:28-29).
- Fulfill their God-given mandate and mission to make disciples of Christ through their children.
- Seek out opportunities to serve the church and community through their gifts and abilities in assisting other families to faithfully raise children in the Lord.
Sunday Service (9:30am-11:00am):
- Nursery is provided for little ones from Birth-2 years old. You will find the nursery down the hall on your left when you come in the front doors. There you will be asked to check in your child and be given a check-in/check-out bracelet.
- Children’s Church is provided for toddlers ages 2-5. You will find the Toddler room all the way down the hall on your right in Upper Level 3 when you come in the front doors. There you will be asked to check in your child and be given a check-in/check-out bracelet.
- Jr. Church is dismissed just before the sermon for K-3rd grade. You may accompany your child Upper Level 2 or the teacher and helper accompany them to the classroom. 3rd graders will move to Lower Level 3 for the equipping hour, or you may come get your child after the service. K-2nd graders may stay in the same room for the equipping hour class.
Equipping Hour (11:15am-12:00pm):
- Nursery is provided for little ones Birth-2 years old. You do not need to re-check your child. Don’t forget to pick them up by 12:05pm!
- Children’s Church is provided for toddlers ages 2-5 in the same room as they were in during the service. You do not need to re-check your child. Don’t forget to pick them up by 12:05pm!
- K-2nd grade class: This class meets in Upper Level 2.
- 3rd-5th grade class: This class meets in Lower Level 3.
- 6th-8th grade class: This class meets in the Prayer Room.
- 9th-12th grade class: This class meets in the TES Library.
- As you come in the front doors of the church, the Nursery room is down the left hallway.
- Upper Level 2 and 3 are to the right as you enter and are beyond the bathrooms and elevator.
- Lower Level 3 is down the ramp at the back of the main sanctuary and down the hall from the South Sanctuary.
- There is a security staff member on duty at all times in the upper level and lower level.
- Background checks on all volunteers are conducted regularly.
- Please let us know if your child has allergies, has special needs, or requires early dismissal from class so the teachers and helpers are aware.
Every Wednesday night from September through May, students K-6th grade gather to learn Bible verses, play games, and win prizes in our Awana program.
Summer Day Camp:
The purpose of Day Camp is to give kids entering 2nd grade through 8th grade a Christ-centered camping experience. Look forward to hillside songs, skits, lineup, Bible Study, games, lunch, dozens of crafts to choose from, swimming, and free time.
Other Youth and Family Ministries at MBC:
SURGE Middle School Ministry
IMPACT High School Ministry
Conferences and Seminars for Parents and Families