Small groups at Maranatha Bible Church are the primary way of making the church small. There are several groups that meet at various times throughout the week and locations throughout the greater Grand Rapids area from September to May.
For the current small group season we will be studying various books of the Bible using inductive Bible study methods, including Mark, Revelation, Isaiah, Parables, Sermon on the Mount, Romans, Acts, and books such as Love and Respect, and Strengthening Your Marriage. As always the small groups will be dedicated to:
- Fellowship: deep friendship that results as we are devoted to one another in brotherly love.
- Discipleship: Helping one another in becoming more like Christ. This includes Bible study, praying for one another, and providing support and accountability.
- Ownership: Taking personal responsibility for the discipleship and care of the others in your fellowship group.
- Outreach: Supporting and encouraging one another in our outreach to those who have not yet put faith in Jesus Christ and to Christians who do not have the support they need to be growing believers.
Below is the current list of small groups available. Contact the church office for more information or to make an arrangement to visit or attend one of these groups. The latest small group study materials are available on the Small Groups Resources page.
Small Groups 2016-2017
Leaders, Days, Times, Place
- Dale Kleinheksel – Sunday – 6:00pm – Kamphuis home.
- Phil Schaafsma – Sunday – 6:00pm – Schaafsma’s home.
- Mike Swinger – Sunday – 6:00pm – Various homes.
- Dave Schaafsma & Matt George – Sunday – 6:00 pm – Dave Schaafsma’s home.
- Nate Langel – Tuesday – 4:00pm – Grand Rapids group meeting at Langel’s home.
- Dillon Carr – Tuesday – 6:30pm – Various homes in Comstock Park area. Second Tuesday of each month off.
- John Drexel – Tuesday – 6:30pm – Downstairs classrooms at MBC
- Noel Nixon – Tuesday – 7:00pm – Carpenter’s home – First Tuesday of each month off.
- Tim Hill – Thursday – 6:30pm – Hill’s home. Last Thursday of each month off.
- Kurt Bekins – Thursday – 6:30pm – Alternating Dredge and Bekins home. This group is for young married or soon to be married couples. Last Thursday of each month off.
- Jim Kuiphof Sr- Thursday- 6:30pm – Kuiphof home in Hudsonville. First Thursday of each month off.